Re: [Tails-dev] wpolipo - polipo manger init script to impro…

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] Switch to Privoxy?
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] wpolipo - polipo manger init script to improve Tor stream isolation
adrelanos:
> I am writing an init script for polipo, which makes it easier to open
> multiple http proxy listen ports and to forward them to different Tor
> parent socks ports for easier Tor stream isolation:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO/Polipo
>
> Anyone interested?

Our last discusions for Tails about polipo were in the lines of "let'se
just remove polipo from the system".

We are currently done to only two major users of an HTTP proxy: APT and
wget. For the first we have successfully pulled an interesting trick
that needs a little bit more research. The later might be just be
removed and users taught to use curl instead...

See: <https://tails.boum.org/todo/replace_polipo_with_privoxy__63__/>

--
Ague