Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.14 rc1 virtualization testing & howt…

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.14 rc1 virtualization testing & howto install virtualbox and vmplayer
29/10/12 21:38, anonym wrote:
> 29/10/12 19:41, adev@??? wrote:
>> anonym wrote:
>>> Actually the Tails host I did this from was itself a VirtualBox guest,
>>> so it also shows that nested VMs work, but the nested-guest is slooow.
>>
>> How slow? Unusably slow? Would Tails need to do something different to
>> ship a virtualized tails solution?
>
> Well, about as slow as running from DVD I'd say. It's mostly booting it
> up that takes time.

Apparently VirtualBox doesn't support hardware virtualization
(VT-x/AMD-V) if it's run inside a guest:

    https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/4032

Too bad, at least for people that don't run Tails directly on hardware,
but in a VM. That makes KVM look more attractive, although its GUIs are
less easy to use. Hmm.

Cheers!