Re: [Tails-dev] Iceweasel backports experiments

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Iceweasel backports experiments
anonym wrote (23 Oct 2012 22:43:40 GMT) :
> If we want to be on the safe side there's nothing preventing us from
> deleting that setting for the Unsafe Browser's chroot in its script.

The über-patched browser won't start without this setting,
see the sub-thread about torbrowser.version for details.

> On a related note, I assume that the name (e.g. as displayed in the
> window title bar) is still "Tor Browser" even when run without
> Torbutton etc.?

No, it's called iceweasel. I skipped the torbrowser branding patch, as
it's likely to conflict in awful ways with iceweasel branding patch,
so I did not see it as necessary for our first iteration. If we want
to discuss this later, I'd say todo/discuss++ :)

> That's not good for the Unsafe Browser, so I made a branch
> feature/unsafe_browser_name in which the title is set to "Unsafe
> Browser" (gettext:ized). I think I got the detection of which
> Iceweasel translation that will be used (depending on $LANG) right,
> which arguably is the most complex part of this procedure.

> Even if this turns out to not be necessary this name change is
> a general improvement IMHO.

This is great. Given this is not necessary eventually, I suggest that
either someone reviews and merges into *devel* right now, or you file
a todo/qa ticket so that we don't forget about it at post-0.14 times.