Re: [Tails-dev] Faking htpdate user agent worth it?

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Faking htpdate user agent worth it?
Hi,

Ague Mill wrote (01 Oct 2012 09:27:09 GMT) :
> I think the overhead of not using '--head' and doing a full GET
> would be marginal. It would make it at least a little bit harder to
> distinguish from other requests.

Fully agreed: this would make Tails' htpdate harder to distinguish
from the TBB at the level of a single request / access.log line,
and only stand out in aggregate.

I created todo/have_htpdate_send_GET_instead_of_HEAD,
tagged todo/discuss until we reach consensus here.

Once this part is sorted out, both "looking more like Torbrowser at
the level of a single request" (by constructing the request by hand)
and "looking more like Torbrowser in aggregate" would probably be nice
to have too (maintainable patches welcome!), but quite low priority
IMHO in our current roadmap: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/