Re: [Tails-dev] tor check and time check script, perhaps use…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] tor check and time check script, perhaps useful?
Hi,

adrelanos wrote (07 Oct 2012 17:43:53 GMT) :
> I wrote two scripts, perhaps they can be useful for Tails as well?

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I've been thinking a bit about this startup UX / waiting UI, and I'm
not sure we need/want that an invasive UI.

The general case is "all right, nothing special to tell the user", so
it seems to me the only bits that might be worth an invasive UI are
the blocking waits... and the only such really blocking wait we still
have is the initial time synchronization, until Tor is in working
shape. So, IMHO the question boils down to: do we want an UI more
invasive than desktop notifications to communicate, to the user, the
fact that they should wait before Tor is usable?