Re: [Tails-dev] Design doc update

Author: Ague Mill
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Design doc update
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 08:30:57PM +0000, Alan wrote:
> The following commit would require an update of the design doc, which
> I didn't find:
>
> commit 4be2ee47b30f851a0006c894214e84c8c71ea146
> Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
> Date: Tue Oct 9 13:00:27 2012 +0200
>
>     Allow amnesia user to use Tor's TransPort.

> If you are its author, please update it or point me to the commits I
> didn't found (or state you won't do it and somebody else should
> volonteer).

This is already documented in
<https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/#index27h3>:

    The Tor software is currently configured as a client only (onion
    proxy). The client listens [...] as a transparent proxy on port 9040
    (only used for remapped hidden services) [...].

The aforementioned port is useless since 0.13 as no applications run by
the main user (amnesia) is able to acces it. This commit fix a
regression introduced when adding more restrictions for outgoing
packets.

--
Ague