Re: [Tails-dev] Upstreaming yelp patch

Author: Ague Mill
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Upstreaming yelp patch
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 05:52:50PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> to anyone who pushed commit 64de544 ("Fix Yelp crashing on internal
> links"):
>
> 1. Congrats!
> 2. Please open a ticket about upstreaming this fix.

I don't see the need:

* GNOME documentation is not affected as far as I have seen,
* Yelp has been heavily rewritten since Squeeze. I have not tested,
but I doubt the bug is still in the version in Wheezy.

What we could do is to try to push a fix in the next Debian Squeeze
point release, but I don't think the bug is severe enough, as it does
not show up when browsing GNOME documentation.

I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise, though.

--
Ague