Re: [Tails-dev] Please review the documentation of gpgApplet

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review the documentation of gpgApplet
08/10/12 14:01, intrigeri:

>> You can find most of the work in commits 1c3c5bc..94e4fb4, but those are
>> a bit hardcore so you might rather look directly at the result on those
>> four pages:
>
> Let's start with my remarks [...]

I believe all your issues were fixed (by someone else than me) in
commits 54406a4 and e41bea4. Are we good to go with the documentation so
feature/assymetric_gpgApplet can be merged (with the freeze being
imminent and all)?

>> First, I was wondering about the warning "message was not integrity
>> protected" when using passphrase encryption. Does it always appears?
>> Is there no way of providing integrity when using a passphrase?
>
> Yes, there is a way, with --symmetric --sign, according to gpg(1).

Although I believe signing the message should take care of all integrity
issues, that warning is about MDC integrity protection only, and it will
remain despite of a signature.

>> And now the bug reports:
>
>> 2. When encrypting using several public keys that are not trusted, the
>> warning message only mentions one. It should either mention each key in
>> a separate dialog box, or all of them in a single dialog box.
>
> Blocking for the merge IMHO.

I can't reproduce this, so unless I'm provided with steps to reproduce
it I challenge this blocking status.

Cheers!