Re: [Tails-dev] Persistent Volumes on non-tails media

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Abel Luck
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Persistent Volumes on non-tails media
Hi,

Abel Luck wrote (03 Oct 2012 19:05:54 GMT) :
> Am I mistaken, or is it impossible to create a persistent volume on
> non-tails media (i.e., media that the liveusb creator hasn't been
> used on).

You're not mistaken, this is not possible yet.

Patches would be welcome. I'd like them not to make the GUI (much)
more complicated for the default (currently supported) case, but that
looks quite doable.

Part of this is already "tracked" on a dedicated ticket, BTW:
todo/persistence:_support_DVD

> [1]: I'm developing/testing CleanRoom, and storing keys on
> a separate medium from Tails is important so I can easily
> test/upgrade my CleanRoom builds on a USB without losing the
> persistent volume.

The upgrade path we support (Tails USB installer) keeps the persistent
volume untouched. I myself use this feature a lot when developing.
Perhaps that would be the shortest path for you.