[Tails-dev] Persistent Volumes on non-tails media

Autor: Abel Luck
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Persistent Volumes on non-tails media
Hi,

Am I mistaken, or is it impossible to create a persistent volume on
non-tails media (i.e., media that the liveusb creator hasn't been used on).

When I attempt to open "Configure persistent volume" with an SD card in
the slot, the error "Device <freedesktop URI to sdb> was not created
using Tails USB installer" appears.

For various (imho, good)[1] reasons, I would like a persistent volume on
an SD card. Unfortunately, few laptops let you boot from an SD card.

Is this not possible?

~abel

[1]: I'm developing/testing CleanRoom, and storing keys on a separate
medium from Tails is important so I can easily test/upgrade my CleanRoom
builds on a USB without losing the persistent volume.