Re: [Tails-dev] Erase memory: the GRUB way

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Erase memory: the GRUB way
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:30:18AM +0000, Ague Mill wrote:
> For the patch and some details, please see:
> <https://tails.boum.org/bugs/sdmem_does_not_clear_all_memory/grub/>
>
> I have not tested it on bare metal, only qemu and bochs.
>
> The next step is to create a proper "standalone" GRUB image that can be
> booted using kexec(). For reasons I don't yet understand, I have not
> been able to do so.

I have been able to create a standalone image. It even include our
boot splash screen and a progress bar.

I have not yet been able to find a way to load and execute such image
with kexec. After several hours of struggling, I have asked help on
grub-devel.

This looks really really promising though.

--
Ague