[Tails-dev] Erase memory: the GRUB way

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Erase memory: the GRUB way
Hi!

During the summit, we've discussed several different approaches on how
to solve our issues related to memory erasing.

To report on the "using GRUB" front, there is now a patch that adds a
command to GRUB than should wipe all the available memory, even when
there is more than 4G.

For the patch and some details, please see:
<https://tails.boum.org/bugs/sdmem_does_not_clear_all_memory/grub/>

I have not tested it on bare metal, only qemu and bochs.

The next step is to create a proper "standalone" GRUB image that can be
booted using kexec(). For reasons I don't yet understand, I have not
been able to do so.

--
Ague