Re: [Tails-dev] PGP Smart Cards

Autor: bertagaz
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] PGP Smart Cards
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 03:35:48PM -0400, Patrick Bx wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:34 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> > Are you interested in trying to backport these two packages for
> > Squeeze, or testing backports we would prepare, and see if that's
> > enough to get things working?
>
> I can't say i'd be the best person to make the back ports as I have no
> experience with that, but I'd be more then happy to help test them.
> Let me how I can help and I will get back pretty fast about things.
>
> Abel, a developer for the guardian project is working on a fork of
> Tails called 'Clean Room'. Basically, it would just be a Tails
> distribution that includes this drivers, removes all networking, and
> adds script that facilitates creating and managing an offline master
> key. I think it'd still be very useful to have the drivers in Tails
> and other support that doesn't conflict with the more general
> computing environment that is Tails. He plans to release an early
> version this week I believe. I'll make its gets mentioned on the list
> if anyone is interested.

That's be very much appreciated on our side to have feedbacks from Abel on
how he managed to get this smartcards working, which packages he
installed, and how he configured them, for sure. If we can avoid
duplicated work on this side, it'd leave us room for other stuff in
Tails.

I understand the need to avoid any network related feature in the OS that
would run your offline master machine. If we can join efforts at some
points though, sure will benefit for our both projects.

Thanks for the reply.

bert.