Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese Translation Work:

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese Translation Work:
On 14/08/12 10:01, p1ckw1ck@??? wrote:
> New to the mailing list, so forgive my ignorance: Is anyone working on
> (or is interested in working on) translation of the website pages into
> simplified Chinese? Additionally, is anyone working towards translating
> the programs into simplified Chinese? Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your interest in Tails.

Nobody is working on translating Tails into simplified Chinese at the
moment. If you would like to start working on this task, please refer to
this page of our wiki:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/

Especially to the section “Add support for a new language”.

For example, for us translating the website is not any more a priority
than translating our custom programs and we anyway thinks that's a
long-term commitment that should be taken by a team of people and not
individuals.

But we hope you'll be able to raise a team to translate all that into
simplified Chinese. That would rock!

Could you also tell us whether you are comfortable working with PO
files, and possibly git?

--
sajolida