Re: [Tails-l10n] [Tails-dev] A really basic question.

Author: Marco Calamari
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [Tails-dev] A really basic question.
On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 18:33 +0200, Alessandro Grassi wrote:
> > Yes, feel free to let him contact me, or whatever is needed.
> >
> > Ciao. Marco
>
> Hello Marco, I'm Alessandro!
> There is also a friend of mine who can help. Now we can make the italian translation team :-)
>
> We need to know how to proceed, though (how to checkout/commit, which files to edit...).
>
> We are already OK with using Linux, installing packages, using the command line.

Hello Alessandro, hello everybody

my scarce understanding is that for the site we need an IT
version created furst, and some credential to change it with
usual Wiki methods.

Tails looks localized via .po files stored in github;
these are list of couple msg-id : msg-text where
message id is usual the English text.
We need to edit the Italian copy and find the right way to commit
our changes

Maybe Intrigeri or some other gentle expert can give us
some suggestion for a better kickstart ....

Resources I found are here:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/

https://tails.boum.org/todo/documentation_translation/

--
+--------------- http://www.winstonsmith.org ---------------+
| il Progetto Winston Smith: scolleghiamo il Grande Fratello |

+ PGP RSA: ED84 3839 6C4D 3FFE 389F 209E 3128 5698 ----------+