Re: [Tails-l10n] bootstrapping a new translation of the webs…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] bootstrapping a new translation of the website [
On 04/08/12 21:32, intrigeri wrote:
> hi,
>
> sajolida wrote (04 Aug 2012 17:40:04 GMT) :
>> Ok, please review 14552bc..cdf5ce0.
>
> I like it very much! Comments follow.
>
> Perhaps I missed something, but it looks like the
> contribute/custom_programs page introduced by this patchset is mostly
> duplicating information that already is in contribute/git.

I created this page after doing a quick grep on "whisperback" (which is
not included in /contribute/git) and thinking it might be worth having a
single page listing all the development information and resources about
our custom programs.

But maybe it's not needed so much. At least I agree that it should be
merged with contribute/git (one way or the other).

>> -Tails ships with several custom programs that need to be translated.
>> +Tails comes with several [[custom programs|custom_programs]] which need
>
> FWIW, surrounding "custom programs" with [[]] would have been enough.

Sure.

>> -One can find the (gettext) PO files:
>> +You can find the PO files for each program via gitweb:
>
> I think it was helpful to mention the name of the file format,
> and associated toolkit, instead of merely the file extension.
> It could help people finding resources about this outside of
> our website. What do you think?

I removed that because I thought that both "gettext" and "PO files"
would either sound like jargon to someone that doesn't know what it is,
either sound like redundant information to someone that knows about gettext.

I corrected that by bringing back gettext as a link to Wikipedia.

--
sajolida