[Tails-dev] trail widget for the documentation

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: [Tails-dev] trail widget for the documentation

As suggested earlier on this list, I started to implement a navigation
widget for the documentation using the trail plugin of ikiwiki [1]. This
is meant to provide "Previous" "Next" links inside each section of the
documentation.

You can test it by building the wiki from the doc/trail branch. Since
this only has to do with the website, I didn't know whether it was worth
merging it into experimental. If so, tell me.

I'm asking your opinion on the way this trail widget should look like.
See the screenshot in attachment if you don't build the branch.

By default, ikiwiki places it both under the title of the page, and at
the beginning of the footer. I'm not sure that's the best thing we can
do. The GNOME Style Guide, for example, places it only at the bottom of
the page [2]. If we want it to appear in the header as well, it might
fit better before the page title but that region is getting quite busy
to my taste (with the breadcrumbs, the action tools and languages).

There's also currently an issue with the CSS when the title of the pages
wraps on two lines. But that's not easy to solve and maybe I can avoid
fixing that depending on the decision we take.

[1] http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/trail/
[2] For example:
http://developer.gnome.org/gdp-style-guide/stable/screenshot-4.html.en

--