Re: [Tails-dev] Fwd: Re: [tor-assistants] deb.tp.o only serv…

Autor: bertagaz
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Fwd: Re: [tor-assistants] deb.tp.o only serves experimental builds
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:31:50PM +0200, anonym wrote:
> 27/06/12 23:12, intrigeri:
> > anonym wrote (27 Jun 2012 19:35:06 GMT) :
> >> Therefore I'd like to stick with the (still stable) 0.2.2.x series,
> >
> > Agreed.
> >
> >> but I'm unsure what our best option for that is. What comes to mind
> >> is yet another config/chroot-local_includes, although that will
> >> bloat our git repo quite significantly (the tor package is 1.2M, and
> >> tor-geoipdb is 1.4M).
> >
> > Given testing currently has 0.2.2.37-1,
> > one could push it to squeeze-backports and install from there.
>
> Or, even simpler, temporarily add the testing repo, pin tor from there.

I don't think that would work unfortunately, Tor in testing has a
dependency on libssl > 1.0, and it's only 0.9 in Squeeze. That's why a
backport is needed.

> > weasel wants me to ask him again about it tomorrow.
> > Ping me on IRC if it looks like I forgot.
>
> Ask about what? Backporting?

Yeah must be something like that.

> > Else, I don't care that much bloating our Git repo,
> > since we are supposed to split it and get an APT repository "soon".
>
> Sure, but my above solution avoids that and is just as easy.

An intermediate solution would be to backport Tor from testing ourselves
and add it to our git.

Or use the actual Tor that is in squeeze-backport, which is
0.2.2.34.

bert.