Re: [Tails-dev] [GSoC] Tails server

Author: jvoisin
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [GSoC] Tails server
> I strongly suggest asking on the Debian Live mailing-list how others
> are doing.

For now, there are no automatic tests : everything is done "by hand".

> I also strongly suggest looking at grml's setup (that uses kantan).
> Pointers and resources there:
> https://tails.boum.org/todo/automated_builds_and_tests/#index8h2
>
> > This is why I am currently playing around with lettuce[2], a nice
> > Python-powered BDD tool.
>
> Great. Please:
>  * share your scenarios early (allows better communication, forces
>    you to start small and to stay practical :)

You can find the scenario for my first iteration here :
http://git.immerda.ch/?p=jvoisin/tails.git;a=summary
(more to follow)

>  * file a RFP bug as soon as you're sure you want to use it -- I want
>    your test suite to integrate nicely with our infrastructure, and
>    that means using software that is in Debian as much as possible.

For now, I'm being stuck :
I have scenarios, but I have no clear ideas about how they can be run,
because most of them are boot-related.
I was planing to use qemu, but it doesn't seems to be able to boot from
an usb stick.