Re: [Tails-dev] tails plymouth theme

Author: Ague Mill
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails plymouth theme
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 07:25:52PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (29 May 2012 13:17:16 GMT) :
> > I have tested it on three different (real metal) systems and in
> > virtualbox successfully. Unless someone actually experienced any issues
> > I'd say we merge this ASAP so it can hit Tails 0.12.
>
> Agreed.

I have pushed one more commit to `feature/tails-plymouth-theme` which
adds the nouveau driver. I have splendidly tested it on a system with
some NVidia adapter.

Initially, I also wanted to add video drivers for virtualization
software. Unfortunately, no drivers happen to support Kernel Mode
Setting at the moment:

* qemu/kvm: Matthew Garrett worked on a modified Cirrus driver
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2011-April/010396.html>,
but his patch never got merged. KMS support for SPICE/QXL is in
the work according to <http://spice-space.org/page/DRM>.
* VirtualBox: code is written and it should be shipped in 4.2,
according to <http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAxOTk>.
* VMWare: Support for KMS is planed according to
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2011-May/001122.html>

It looks like things are moving because of Wayland. Good, but a little
annoying at the moment.

--
Ague