[Tails-dev] Has Tails joined Open Invention Network?

Author: Maxim Kammerer
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Has Tails joined Open Invention Network?
Hi,

People from OIN [1] continue to send me requests to join (I think I
mentioned it on #tails-dev a year ago), and today they mentioned that
Tails has recently joined the network. Could you perhaps expand on the
rationale? I can't find a discussion anywhere. To me joining OIN seems
like surrendering part of project's independence for some vague
American thing in return. Maybe I'm wrong, though. Debian is not on
the list, by the way (although Gentoo is).

[1] http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/licensees.php

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte