Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.11 release plan

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.11 release plan
04/17/2012 05:07 PM, anonym:
> 01/11/2012 11:07 PM, intrigeri:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Facts and fictions:
>>
>>   - Firefox 10: 2012-01-03
>>   - Firefox 11: 2012-03-13
>>   - Firefox 12: 2012-04-24
>>   - about 1-2 weeks, after a given Firefox release, before iceweasel
>>     and the addons suite catch up
>>   - Tor 0.2.3 final: "nickm: I'd like to be able to promise 0.2.3.x by
>>     end-of-march, but I have no way to guarantee that"

>> So it seems reasonable to me to aim at April 20th for the next major
>> Tails release; Tor 0.2.3 may be ready in time to get in there, but it
>> may well not be; who knows; Tails 0.11 would ship iceweasel 11.
>
> Some of us decided on IRC to wait for the Iceweasel 10.0.4 ESR release,
> for which a .deb should arrive shortly after the scheduled 2012-04-24.
> Stay tuned for an updated Tails 0.11 release schedule.

Since we haven't received an estimate (via private email) for when a
Iceweasel 10.0.4 ESR .deb should be acailable yet, should we just assume
that we'll have a .deb on April the 25th (too optimistic?) and adapt the
new release schedule according to that? If so I propose the following
schedule:

* Tuesday 24th of April
  - Ultimate freeze date for docs and translations (everything else is
    already in freeze).

* Wednesday 25th of April
  - As soon as the Iceweasel ESR .deb is available, I build and upload
    0.11 to /testing on the mirrors.
  - Once uploaded, I notify testers on tails-dev and testing starts.

* Thursday 26th of April
  - When testing is done, I'll do the final steps of the release
    process.

Ok?

Cheers!