Re: [Tails-dev] tails next big features testing

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] hiding persistence aufs mounts on the Desktop [Was: tails next big features testing]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails next big features testing
03/21/2012 09:30 PM, intrigeri:
>> I find a bit confusing to have an drive icon labeled ".gnupg" on the
>> desktop. I also have a drive icon labeled "Persistent".
>
> Agreed, added to the TODO. There is probably some way to tell GNOME to
> ignore this kind of mounts, or to do these aufs mounts in a way they
> would be disregarded by GNOME. Any idea, anyone?

Our only option seems to be the following gconf setting which disables
*all* desktop "volume" icons:

    /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible

The question is if we want that. It should be noted that this setting
doesn't remove the "volumes" from the Places menu.

Also only aufs mounts (which is used in read-only mode) are shown, not
bind-mounts. Furthermore, only aufs mounts inside the user's home
directory are shown.

I'm not sure what we want to do here.

Cheers!