Re: [Tails-dev] tordate: why is it safe to set timefromunver…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] tordate: why is it safe to set timefromunverified-consensus?
Hi,

anonym wrote (24 Jan 2012 16:01:31 GMT) :
> I think we need to make the i2p start script depend on that
> Tor works.

In the tails-start-i2p script, we already (almost) wait for htpdate to
be done:

# We also need to wait for htpdate for same the reason as
# above. However, tordate will set the clock so that it is correct
# enough for I2P to work (it can operate with +/- 2 hours clock skew)
# so we optimistically try to start I2P even if htpdate doesn't
# finish.
until (-e $htpdate_done_file || $htpdate_wait > 120) {

As htpdate itself depends on Tor to work, I think we could just remove
the optimistic part of the check ("|| $htpdate_wait > 120") and be
done with it. What do you think?