[Tails-dev] Tests without transparent proxying

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: tails-dev
Aihe: [Tails-dev] Tests without transparent proxying
Hi,

(about
https://tails.boum.org/todo/the_end_of_transparent_proxying__63__/)

Great to see you testing that stuff!

> * Who marked "iceweasel FTP" as working?

I did. I'll try reproducing this again.

> * Since we configured apt to use polipo on port 8118

Was fixed for a while in my tree, but I forgot to push.
I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

About some of the last few "Torify $X" that were pushed to
feature/no_transparent_proxy: I'm surprised they are needed, and the
commit messages don't help me in any way understanding why they
actually are which worries me slightly (call me a control freak if you
want, I do like understanding what we put into our Git repository):

  - "Torify seahorse": does Seahorse really ignore the global GNOME
    HTTP proxy settings? Bug report?

  - "Torify gobby": I'm a bit surprised it does not respect the GNOME
    proxy settings either, but not that much as Gobby is not part of
    GNOME AFAIK. Did anyone actually check this commit was needed
    in practice?

  - "Torify HTP" (that actually torifies wget): I'm surprised, again,
    to see wget does not take into account the http_proxy environment
    variable. Or maybe we run it in a strange way that makes these
    envvars not be set? Did anyone actually check this commit was
    needed at all?

  - "Torify tails-security-check": I'd rather not use the
    /usr/bin/torify LD_PRELOAD hacks unless really needed; pushed
    fcd445c that directly use the Tor SOCKS proxy instead.

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>