[Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: ***…

Author: Max
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM***Re: tails-greeter 0.1.0
03.11.2011 06:19, intrigeri пишет:
> See above. Tails is a Debian Live system, that is it's built using
> live-build, and uses live-boot and live-config at boot time for
> such tasks.

That's precisely the problem here: I've carefully looked at those files and it looks
like they configure console(s) before the boot process is over e. g. before consoles
are initialized.

So if my understanding of linux boot process is correct, the only way to reconfigure
console the same way from tails-greeter is by rebooting entire system which is hardly
an acceptable solution.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not tails-greeter "flaw" - it's the limitation
imposed by linux boot process and console & X init sequence. In very distant future
it probably could be worked around (via some crazy trick with wayland and systemd for
example) but for now the only meaningful "fix" is to document this.

If there will be strong demand for this kind of localization then live-config still
could be employed via boot-time parameters to do console-specific localization.

best regards,
Max.