Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter 0.0.9 [Was: Tails 0.9 release …

Author: Max
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter 0.0.9 [Was: Tails 0.9 release plan]
23.10.2011 03:25, intrigeri пишет:

> I don't see the point of creating this file at boot time. We should
> just ship this file in the main Tails Git tree (in the tails-greeter
> branch, to start with). Did I miss something?

I've tried to add /etc/sudoers.d/tails-greeter-console file via install in
debian/rules but it breaks build for some reason with "no such file" error. Could you
take a look into git version?

> +echo "XKBMODEL=\"${TAILS_XKBMODEL}\"" > /etc/default/keyboard
>
> I suggest appending to this file instead of overwriting it. If some
> useful variable is set in there someday, that tails-greeter does not
> take care of, we would be happy not to see it overwritten like that.

I'll fix that once sudoers file builds correctly. Although /etc/default/keyboard is
not owned by any package according to dpkg -S.

> For the record, what refrains you from merging the panel branch?
> Anything left to fix or improve in there?
> Or maybe you prefer if someone else does the review and merge step?

As far as I recall it's still WIP, so I'd prefer someone else to do the merge and build.

cheers,
Max.