[Tails-dev] tails-greeter country/layout lists [Was: tails-g…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] tails-greeter country/layout lists [Was: tails-greeter review]
>>> Also, I still think it would be much better to just copy the widget
>>> used by gdm-simple-greeter to allow choosing the language and locale
>>> at the same time: asking Tails users to choose among strings like
>>> "en_MX" is not an option, that's why "Español (México)" is much
>>> better.

>> Ok, I'll take a look.

Testing the implementation at 32edc426:

1. The "Country" list is sorted by locale, instead of by country name.
I think this is a bug.

2. I wonder why the locale (e.g. "en_US") is displayed after the
country name. Any serious reason to do so? In my opinion, it just
clutters the UI.

3. The keyboard layouts list being made of "CODE (COUNTRY)" feels
wrong to me: not only it feels too geeky, but it's not consistent
with the way the country list is displayed. Every keyboard entry
should be displayed as "COUNTRY" only, and the list sorted
accordingly, shouldn't it?

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>