Re: [Hackmeeting] Thousands of scientific papers uploaded to…

Author: lilo
To: hackmeeting
Subject: Re: [Hackmeeting] Thousands of scientific papers uploaded to The PirateBay
On 21/07/2011 20:50, Argon wrote:
> A user called Greg Maxwell just uploaded a torrent with 18,592
> scientific publications to The Pirate Bay, in what appears to be a
> protest directed both at the recent indictment of programmer Aaron
> Swartz for data theft as well as the scientific-publishing model in
> general. All of the documents of the 32-gigabyte torrent were taken from
> JSTOR, the academic database that’s at the center of the case against
> Swartz.
>
> http://gigaom.com/2011/07/21/pirate-bay-jstor/

:-)

SPLENDIDA news

per favore mandate un segno, che questi stanno AVANTI, altro che calabro'...

Shocking news: *Moments ago former Demand Progress Executive Director Aaron
Swartz was indicted by the US government.* As best as we can tell, he is
being charged with allegedly downloading too many journal articles from the
Web. The government contends that downloading so many journal articles
constitutes felony computer hacking and should be punished with time in
prison. We disagree.

*Will you click here to sign our petition of support for
Aaron?<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/237?akid=767.475962.GEZUG-&t=1>
*

--
~lilo~