Re: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] tails-greeter progress report

To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] tails-greeter progress report
08.07.2011 17:03, intrigeri пишет:

> If tails-lang-helper and tails-locale-gen are for internal use only,
> which seems to be the case, they probably should be installed to
> /usr/share/ rather than /usr/bin/.

If they are installed into directory which is not part of $PATH than I have to use
full path to run them from python.

> Any reason to have the .desktop file weirdly named
> a-tails-greeter.desktop? IIRC this was an old attempt to have it run
> before gdm-simple-greeter, that you disable using dpkg-divert
> nowadays.

Yepp, should be fixed now.

> python-support is now deprecated¹. The Debian packaging will need to
> be converted at some point; see dh_python2(1) for details.
> Low-priority, though.

I've added it to timeline.

> Current Git code crashes at runtime since you renamed the helper
> scripts without updating the code that run them.

Ah, forgot about it, sorry.

> Please set debian/source/format to "3.0 (native)" (lintian
> missing-debian-source-format info message).

Done.

> You probably have noticed it already, but just in case: your lintian
> overrides don't work at all, presumably because you applied them to
> the source package while lintian is concerned with the binary package.

That's what I was going to discuss during during today's meeting :)

cheers,
Max.