Re: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] logon options implementation

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] logon options implementation
Hi again,

intrigeri wrote (01 Jun 2011 18:26:39 GMT) :
> By the way, I'm a bit worried the single option that needs to have
> an effect on the tails-greeter UI (namely: language choice) is not
> part of the timeline.

Oops, I'm sorry, it's actually there as "start [dummy] implementation
of runtime-localization". My point of considering this one as higher
priority than the admin password thing still stands though.

About localization at runtime, you may want to have a look at
config/binary_local-hooks/20-syslinux_i18n in Tails main Git
repository to see what parameters it passes to live-config (locales,
keyboard-layouts, timezone) then grep the relevant variable names
(KEYBOARD_LAYOUT, LIVE_LOCALES, LIVE_TIMEZONE) in live-config source
to see what is currently done depending on the chosen language, and
might thus need to be triggered by tails-greeter as well.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>