Re: [Tails-dev] [T(A)ILS-dev] doc: verify the iso image

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [T(A)ILS-dev] doc: verify the iso image
El 19/05/11 22:41, intrigeri escribió:
> once this is merged into master, we'll need to ask the server admins
> to add a HTTP redirect from the old name to the new one, and then
> we'll remove the old one I think. I hate information duplication.

Sure. I'll help you remember that.

>> Regarding the signature, the extension in /etc/mime.types is should
>> be .pgp but GnuPG prefers .sig. Is this a bug worth mentioned for
>> the mime-support package?
>
> I indeed read that in mime.types:
>
>      application/pgp-signature            pgp

> On the other hand, OpenPGP != GnuPG. This can be considered as a bug
> in mime.types if, and only if, this MIME type appeared *after* GnuPG.
> I'm not sure of that. GnuPG might have decided to get its own personal
> preferences without respecting established standards, who knows.

Ok, I just submitted a bug. We'll see…

>> By the way, this time I experimented a bit too much with git --amend
>> and this commit message has been duplicated in db82870 and 5007f8e.
>> I'm sorry about that.
>
> NP :)
>
>> 2. As a consequence of those change I will surely update the GnuPG key page.
>
>> In the instructions on the download page I'm always referring to the
>> signing key as « Tails' key ». I started doing that because I
>> thought it was shorter and since it is our kind of root key, the one
>> signing all the other one, we could call it by this shorter form.
>> The other one would be called « Tails mailing list key » or just
>> « Tails email key », etc.
>
>> I'm now doubting and might switch everything to « Tails signing
>> key » on the download page. Which form would you prefer?
>
> I don't like "Tails' key", that tend to make you think it's the only
> one. I prefer "Tails signing key" very much.

Changed: e800be0.

>> 3. This page is becoming super long. We need to show only the relevant
>> parts to someone reading it. I propose splitting all the smaller parts
>> into separate pages and linking them from the original.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> On top of that, we could display the instructions on demand on the
>> page itself for the people using Javascript. Ubuntu does something
>> like this on its download page and I confess like it:
>
>>     http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

> Why not, as long as it gracefully degrades, but I know you would not
> proposing something that would not :) The "toggle" ikiwiki plugin
> might be what you need to implement it.

Woo, cool! That saves me from hours of Javascript! In the end I went for
a mixed version: some stuff with toggle (33efef4), some other on a
separate page (70cbcab). Now every one of the 6 steps fits in about the
height of a screen. That's nice.

--
sajolida