Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] Tails 0.7-rc2 is online

Author: Marco A. Calamari
To: The T(A)ILS public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] Tails 0.7-rc2 is online
On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 12:16 +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Marco A. Calamari wrote (28 Mar 2011 18:35:59 GMT) :
> > One last note; when shutting down, on RC1 & RC2 the
> > last line I see is "starting new kernel". Is this
> > OK and the memory is wiped or not? If yes, maybe some
> > more reassuring message can be prepended
>
> Isn't the following message prepended? It should be.

Yes, but for me (Uberparanoid) not enought reassuring

Looks like the system hangs, giving no feedback that
wiping was really done.
We can solve the problem (I know that nothing remains
that can write another message after wiping)
adding another line. Something like

"You'll not see any further message.
Please wait few seconds before powering off"

>     You can now remove the boot CD or USB stick.
>     The system memory is going to be wiped in a few seconds...
>     Display might be corrupted during this operation.

> (By the way, you are welcome to send us an Italian translation for
> these three lines ;)

Adesso puoi rimuovere il cd o la penna USB.
La memoria del computer verra' cancellata tra pochi secondi...
Il display potra' essere corrotto durante questa operazione.
Non vedrai nessun altro messaggio; per favore aspetta qualche
secondo prima di spegnere.!

Have a good day. Marco
--
+--------------- http://www.winstonsmith.org ----------------+
| il Progetto Winston Smith: scolleghiamo il Grande Fratello |

+ PGP RSA: ED84 3839 6C4D 3FFE 389F 209E 3128 5698 ----------+