Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] Image size issues

Author: intrigeri
To: The T\(A\)ILS public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] Image size issues
Hi,

alan@??? wrote (09 Jan 2011 18:30:25 GMT) :
> It's worth removing it: the time at which the lists were downloaded
> is recorded and APT ensure it was not too far in the past to prevent
> replay attacks.

How great, I did not know this :)
Fair enough, implemented.

> So you will always have to do an "apt-get update" if the image was
> created the day before.

Nitpicking, just for the record: the Valid-Until field in my system's
Squeeze Release file is one week in the future. This is where APT
looks when Acquire::Check-Valid-Until is enabled (which is the case by
default). Without any further experiment, "the day before" seems a bit
exagerating to me then => not removing APT indices at build time would
be useful for developers, and at some point we'll probably want two
images build modes (dev vs. release). No emergency at all anyway.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>