[T(A)ILS-dev] wiki spam, again

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [T(A)ILS-dev] wiki spam, again
Hi,

the recentchanges page was spammed again.

With help from the server administrators, I rewrote the wiki history
to fix this.

I asked the server administrators to enable the ikiwiki lockedit
plugin, and to configure our ikiwiki.setup to lock this page. They
have done this.

On the other hand, the blogspam plugin we had enabled after the first
spam hits makes it a bit hard to contribute to the wiki because it
triggers far too much false positives. The false positives comments
are queued for moderation, with is suboptimal but I think we can deal
with. The false positives pages edits are just rejected, which I
believe to be unacceptable.

I'll ask the server admins to setup an alternative antispam solution
that does not rely on visitors IP addresses; since these are not seen
by our ikiwiki, most antispam solutions such as blogspam are more or
less broken. I've found a alternative that is likely to suit them and
us at the same time:

    http://code.autistici.org/svn/nospam/trunk/README

Bye,
--