[Badgirlz-list] [queersforeconomicjustice] Registration Dead…

Author: Errata
To: l38squatter, badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] [queersforeconomicjustice] Registration Deadline & Rally & Need Translators

Only 2 weeks left to register for this event! Please
contact us right
away if
you need a registration form.

THE AMAZINGLY QUEER RACE FOR ECONOMIC JUSTICE!

ON SATURDAY, MAY 17TH 2008

LET’S RACE!
@
The 2nd Annual Amazingly Queer Race for Economic
Justice.
This event will consist of fifty 2-person teams racing
from checkpoint
checkpoint around NYC.

This year there’ll be
MORE…TEAMS!

SCARIER…CHALLENGES!

BIGGER…PRIZES!
Last year’s 1st prize was a TRIP TO FLORIDA!

HOW: Each team is asked to raise a suggested amount of
$250 per person
(like
the pledges raised by folks participating in events
such as the
AIDSWalk).

Can’t raise this amount and still want to race?
Not to worry. Contact us right away so that we can
find you sponsors.

Can raise this amount, but afraid you’re not “THE
RACE�-worthy?
Contact us right away and we’ll dispel that fear.

Itching to challenge those smack-talkers at “that
other
organization�?
Contact us right away and we’ll prod them for you.

To register or to volunteer, contact us at
QEJRace@??? or
212.564.3608
ext. 16

Check out pictures of last year’s event -
http://www.myspace.com/qejrace
*********************************************************************************WELFARE
WARRIORS RALLY AND MARCH!

On Thursday, April 17th, QEJ's Welfare Warriors are
organizing a huge
"Day of
Economic Justice" action

The action is going to be a rally starting from Union
Square at 3:00pm;

we are going to march down Broadway and over on W. 4th
St.
and then rally again at Washington Square
and then at 5:00pm we will all come together in Judson
Memorial Church
for a
community celebration with dinner, performances,
community building and
more!
(childcare will be provided!).

We have an ever-growing list of endorsers we are very
proud to announce
including:
-Ali Forney Center
-Audre Lorde Project
-Brecht Forum
-Bronx Community Pride Center
-Casa Atabex Ache
-CHAMP
-Child Care Collective/Regeneracion
-Coalition for the Homeless
-Domestic Workers United
-Empire State Coalition of Youth and Family Services
-FIERCE!
-Generation Q
-Immigrant Justice Solidarity Project
-Irish Queers
-Jews for Racial and Economic Justice
-The LGBT Community Center
-Metropolitan Community Church
-Movement for Justice in el Barrio
-National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce
-NYC Association of Homeless and Street Involved Youth
Organizations
-NYC Anti-Violence Project
-Q-Wave
-Sylvia Rivera Law Project

If your organization would like to endorse our event
or receive more
information about endorsing or the action itself
please contact Elysa
(elysa.fein@???) or Reggie
(reginald.gossett@???) through
e-mail
or
by phone: (212) 564-3608
Check out our facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=14852270934

We would love to have everyone's solidarity and
support and see you out
there
with us on Thursday, April 17th fighting for economic
justice within
the
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender
non-conforming
communities and
economic justice for all!

NEED TRANSLATORS FOR SUPPORT GROUPS AT HOMELESS
SHELTERS

QEJ's Shelter Organizing Project runs support groups
for Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, Transgender, and Gender Nonconforming people
in support
groups.

We are desperate need translators to provide
translation during the
support
groups, especially Spanish and Russian translation.

We also need people folks fluent in American Sign
Language.

If you're interested or you need more information,
contact Jay Toole -
Shelter
Organizer, at 212.564.3508 x14, or email Superbutch48@???