[Badgirlz-list] 2nd EUROPEAN TRANSGENDER COUNCIL

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] 2nd EUROPEAN TRANSGENDER COUNCIL
NextGenderation]

*********************** PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY * POR
FAVOR DIFUNDIR AMPLIAMENTE * MERCI DE DIFFUSER
LARGEMENT * SI PREGA DI DIFFONDERE * STUUR AUB: DOOR *
POR FAVOR DIFUNDIR AMPLAMENTE * BITTE WEITERLEITEN *
ETC. * ***********************

UDPATE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 9, 2008 2nd TGEU
COUNCIL 2nd EUROPEAN TRANSGENDER COUNCIL May 2nd-4th
2008 Berlin, Germany (Rathaus Schoeneberg,
John-F.-Kennedy-Platz, 10825 Berlin)
www.tgeu.org/council2008 council2008[at]tgeu.org After
the inspiring first Transgender Council held in Vienna
in 2005, Transgender Europe (TGEU), the Transgender
Network Berlin (TGNB) and TransInterQueer Berlin
(TrIQ) are very pleased to invite you to the 2nd
Transgender Council: Make Human Rights Work This
year's Council offers a full program featuring
representatives from Transgender Europe (TGEU), the
Committee for Human Rights - Council of Europe, Human
Rights Watch, Amnesty International and many other
international activists and experts who will share
their first hand experience in the field of human
rights and Transgender related work. (We are using the
term transgender here to include people who are
transsexual, transvestites, cross dressers, drag
queens, drag kings, genderless, pangender, genderqueer
and anyone else who self-identifies as transgender).
Panels and Presentations will address Human Rights
issues, Anti Discrimination Legislation in Europe and
the results of the Study on the Lives of Transgender
people in Europe (Transgender EuroStudy: Legal Survey
and Focus on the Transgender Experience of Health
Care) conducted by Press for Change (UK) in
conjunction with ILGA Europe and Transgender Europe.
More than 2000 Transgender people participated in this
study. Workshops and training sessions will cover a
range of international and local concerns including:
Lobbying, Fundraising, Transgender Counselling
Services, Running a Youth Group, Discrimination in the
Workplace, Conflict Mediation in Volunteer
Organisations and Burnout Prevention for Activists. If
you would like to contribute a workshop, there are
still a few spaces open. Please see
www.tgeu.org/council2008 for details of how to apply.
There will also be opportunities to discuss and
formulate the future goals of Transgender Europe and
how we aim to achieve them. This will include work on
TGEU Policy and Vision Papers and a Petition to the
European Parliament. PLEASE NOTE: As part of the
General Assembly of Transgender Europe which will be
held at the Council, there will be VOTING for the
BOARD of DIRECTORS and the STEERING COMMITTEE. If you
would like to be a candidate, please prepare a short
text (1500 characters max.) about yourself, including
your work as a transgender activist and what you would
like to contribute to TGEU if elected. Make sure that
we receive your application before 11:30 a.m. on May
2nd (by e-mail: council2008[at]tgeu.org or in person
at the Council), so that we can display it at the
Council. The election is open to members only. Visit
www.tgeu.org to become a TGEU member. Berlin's
Transgender(friendly) scene is diverse and lively! We
are delighted to announce that the Council's official
show and party will be organised by Wigstoeckel -
Transgender United and that yorckberlin will present
an art exhibition of artists involved with the theme
"Transgender", including contributions from Council
participants. If you would like to show your artwork,
please contact yorckberlin[at]yahoo.de A reduced
admission fee is available until the 17th of March!
Until April 1st, we are able to book accommodation for
you through our website. This accommodation is
affordable and close to the Council. If you are
booking your accommodation yourself, please do this as
soon as possible, because suitable and affordable
places will be in short supply on this particular
weekend. More information about accommodation is
available on our website. Please see our website for
information on the program, admission fee, financial
support and registration as well as accommodation and
travel details. You can sign up there to receive
up-to-date e-mail information about the Council.
www.tgeu.org/council2008 If you have questions which
are not covered on the website, please contact us at:
council2008[at]tgeu.org For questions involving the
Program of Events, please contact: program[at]tgeu.org
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin, 2nd
Transgender Europe Council Organisational Team
******************************* The local Organising
Team in Berlin consists of the trans activist groups
TransInterQueer (TrIQ), Wigstoeckel - Transgender
United, TIA M and various individuals from other
Transgender groups that are united in the Transgender
Network Berlin TGNB (www.tgnb.de). ******* Please
forward this invitation to other individuals and
organizations who may be interested. ********* May

Be a better friend, newshound, and