[Hackmeeting] speech di maguhn ad hackit!

Author: bomboclat
To: hackmeeting
Subject: [Hackmeeting] speech di maguhn ad hackit!
----- Forwarded message from Andy Mueller-Maguhn <andy@???> -----

Interests around the Cyberspace
about the hackers choice and lessons learned

While the debate over Cyberspace control in the ninetees
was mostly Governmental Control interests and Corporate
interests for enforcing intellectual property ideas, the idea
of supporting freedom of information and transparency of
technology turned out to be well-working for many projects
of the hacker-scene.

In the meantime, some areas become a lot more complex.
Cybercrime now exist with real money involved, sometimes
abusing hackers toys; Information Warfare related
operations show a lot to see in between reality, fiction and
pure technical abilities and the current race for "total access"
of law enforcement and intelligence support systems come
together with governmental policies in the name of "fighting
terrorism" while keeping it open, whatever that is.

Next to a reflection of the hacker scene´s role, acting two
decades in the chaos computer club, i want to point out
some lessons learned as well as some unsolved and
remaining issues of the future: can we afford to be so naive
in believing politicians to think about information & privacy
policies? What structures can we create we want our children
to live in? How do we handle governmental & commercial
interests touching our Cyberspace? Where is the exit out
of this Illuminati game?

regards,

Andy

----- End forwarded message -----