[Badgirlz-list] QUEER BEOGRAD PARTY & POLITICS

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] QUEER BEOGRAD PARTY & POLITICS
[NextGenderation]

http://www.queeruption.org/queerbeograd/partyandpolitics.html

QUEER BEOGRAD PARTY & POLITICS

Beograd, Ex-Yugoslavia, December 16-18th 2005

Following the success of the first Queer Beograd
festival we have decided to present an event before
next years main festival. ’QUEER BEOGRAD PARTY AND
POLITICS’ - three days of seminars, films and cultural
events. Queers sharing stories, making parties,
talking politics, creating change!

Queer Beograd is a collective working to create events
on an ongoing basis which develop a radical queer
politics and culture in Beograd. Our december event
will motivate discussions on politics that go beyond
asking for equality, to taking action on the
interconnected issues of freedom of sexual diversity,
radical feminism, anti facism, racism and anti
capitalism.

The event will feature artists and activists from the
south east region as well as western europe,
collaborating at a cultural level and sharing their
stories on panels and in workshops. This is an
opportunity to compare and contrast the situation of
queer people in different locations. By combining a
cultural, political and theoretical programme we
explore how ideas and grassroots action can combine to
improve our day to day lives, and on a larger scale
how to increase the social and cultural space
available to queer people in the balkans and else
where. See you there!

http://mail.yahoo.com