[RSF] more quotes

Author: iradedeus
Subject: [RSF] more quotes

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C26740.71B413B0

"The fact that some elements (of the U.S. government) may appear to be =
potentially "out of control" can be beneficial to creating and =
reinforcing fears and doubts within the minds of an adversary's decision =
makers...=20
"That the U.S. may become irrational and vindictive if its vital =
interests are attacked should be a part of the national persona we =
project to all adversaries... It hurts to portray ourselves as too fully =
rational and cool-headed..."=20
U.S. Strategic Command, Essentials of Post-Cold War Deterrence 1995 (The =
U.S. Strategic Command, or STRATCOM, is the military entity responsible =
for formulating U.S. nuclear policy.)=20

"To maintain this position of disparity [U.S. economic-military =
supremacy]... we will have to dispense with all sentimentality and =
day-dreaming.... We should cease to talk about vague and... unreal =
objectives such as human rights, the raising of the living standard and =
democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to =
deal in straight power concepts.... The less we are then hampered by =
idealistic slogans, the better."=20
George Kennan Director of Policy Planning U.S. State Department 1948=20

"They know we own their country. We own their airspace... We dictate the =
way they live and talk. And that's what's great about America right now. =
It's a good thing, especially when there's a lot of oil out there we =
need."=20
U.S. Brig. General William Looney - Washington Post, August 30, 1999

"It's really not a number I'm terribly interested in."=20
Colin Powell, when asked about the number of Iraqi people who were =
slaughtered by Americans in the 1991 "Desert Storm"=20

"Until we go through it ourselves, until our people cower in the =
shelters of New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles and elsewhere =
while the buildings collapse overhead and burst into flames, and dead =
bodies hurtle about and, when it is over for the day or the night, =
emerge in the rubble to find some of their dear ones mangled, their =
homes gone, their hospitals, churches, schools demolished ... only after =
that gruesome experience will we realize what we are inflicting on the =
people of Indochina..."=20
William Shirer 1973=20

"What occurred in Oklahoma City was no different than what Americans =
rain on the heads of others all the time, and subsequently, my mindset =
was and is one of clinical detachment. The bombing of the Murrah =
building was not personal, no more than when Air Force, Army, Navy or =
Marine personnel bomb or launch cruise missiles against government =
installations and their personnel."=20
Timothy McVeigh, trained by the U.S. Army=20

"America was born in blood. America suckled on blood. America gorged on =
blood and grew into a giant, and America will drown in blood."=20
Thomas W. Chittum Vietnam veteran in his book Civil War Two=20

"America may be unique in being a country which has leapt from barbarism =
to decadence without touching civilization."=20
John O'Hara=20

"Can it be believed that the democracy which overthrew the feudal system =
and vanquished kings will retreat before tradesmen and capitalists?"=20
Alexis de Tocqueville=20

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and =
causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of the =
war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high =
places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavour to =
prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all =
wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."=20
Abraham Lincoln 1865=20

"We stand for the maintenance of private property... We shall protect =
free enterprise as the most expedient, or rather the sole possible =
economic order."=20
Adolf Hitler

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a =
merger of State and corporate power."=20
Benito Mussolini=20

"...free enterprise, [is] a term that refers, in practice, to a system =
of public subsidy and private profit, with massive government =
intervention in the economy to maintain a welfare state for the rich."=20
Noam Chomsky

"A clique of U.S. industrialists is hell-bent to bring a fascist state =
to supplant our democratic government and is working closely with the =
fascist regime in Germany and Italy. I have had plenty of opportunity in =
my post in Berlin to witness how close some of our American ruling =
families are to the Nazi regime. They extended aid to help Fascism =
occupy the seat of power, and they are helping to keep it there."=20
William E. Dodd U.S. Ambassador to Germany 1937=20

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the =
growth of private power to the point where it becomes stronger than the =
democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism - ownership of =
government by an individual, by a group or any controlling private =
power."=20
President Franklin D. Roosevelt=20

"We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of =
great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both."=20
Louis Brandeis - Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939=20

"A world of unseen dictatorship is conceivable, still using the forms of =
democratic government."=20
Kenneth Boulding

"Corporations have taken over the government and turned it against its =
own people."=20
Ralph Nader=20

"At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a =
general tacit agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts... =
Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced =
with surprising effectiveness"=20
George Orwell

"Any single man must judge for himself whether circumstances warrant =
obedience or resistance to the commands of the civil magistrate; we are =
all qualified, entitled, and morally obliged to evaluate the conduct of =
our rulers. ...It is the first and foremost of our inalienable rights =
without which we can preserve no other."=20
John Locke The ideological progenitor of the American Revolution=20

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of =
the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are =
being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and =
exposing the country to danger."=20
Herman Goering - Nazi=20

"...the rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. =
Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and =
repetitious... The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no =
success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly... =
it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over."=20
Joseph Goebbels - Nazi Propaganda Minister=20

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't =
think."=20
Adolf Hitler=20

"Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the =
nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those =
conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and =
refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by =
convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better =
sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception."=20
Mark Twain The Mysterious Stranger 1916

"In war, truth is the first casualty."=20
Aeschylus 525-456 B.C.=20
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in =
moral philosophy: that is the search for a superior moral justification =
for selfishness."=20
John Kenneth Galbraith=20
"The greatest purveyor of violence on earth is my own government."=20
Martin Luther King Jr.

"Today, the United States spends more on military arms and other forms =
of 'national security' than the rest of the world combined. U.S. leaders =
preside over a global military apparatus of a magnitude never before =
seen in human history.=20
Michael Parenti=20

"To plunder, to slaughter, to steal, these things they misname empire, =
and where they make a wilderness, they call it peace."=20
Tacitus Roman historian c. 55-120 A.D.=20

"Few of us can easily surrender our belief that society must somehow =
make sense. The thought that The State has lost its mind and is =
punishing so many innocent people is intolerable. And so the evidence =
has to be internally denied."=20
Arthur Miller=20

"One of the great attractions of patriotism ... it fulfills our worst =
wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully =
and cheat. Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we are =
profoundly virtuous."=20
Aldous Huxley British writer 1894-1963

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by =
his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing =
about them."=20
George Orwell =20

"We lack a Nuremberg to judge the economic order imposed upon us, where =
every three years more men, women and children die of hunger and =
preventable diseases than died in the Second World War."=20
Fidel Castro=20
From: =
http://free.freespeech.org/americanstateterrorism/AmericanStateTerrorism.=
html

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C26740.71B413B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"The fact that some elements (of the =
U.S.=20
government) may appear to be potentially "out of control" can be =
beneficial to=20
creating and reinforcing fears and doubts within the minds of an =
adversary's=20
decision makers... <BR>"That the U.S. may become irrational and =
vindictive if=20
its vital interests are attacked should be a part of the national =
persona we=20
project to all adversaries... It hurts to portray ourselves as too fully =

rational and cool-headed..." <BR>U.S. Strategic Command, Essentials of =
Post-Cold=20
War Deterrence 1995 (The U.S. Strategic Command, or STRATCOM, is the =
military=20
entity responsible for formulating U.S. nuclear policy.) </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"To maintain this position of disparity =
[U.S.=20
economic-military supremacy]... we will have to dispense with all =
sentimentality=20
and day-dreaming.... We should cease to talk about vague and... unreal=20
objectives such as human rights, the raising of the living standard and=20
democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to =
deal in=20
straight power concepts.... The less we are then hampered by idealistic =
slogans,=20
the better." <BR>George Kennan Director of Policy Planning&nbsp; U.S. =
State=20
Department 1948 </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"They know we own their country. We own =
their=20
airspace... We dictate the way they live and talk. And that's what's =
great about=20
America right now. It's a good thing, especially when there's a lot of =
oil out=20
there we need." <BR>U.S. Brig. General William Looney - Washington Post, =
August=20
30, 1999</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"It's really not a number I'm terribly =
interested=20
in." <BR>Colin Powell, when asked about the number of Iraqi people who =
were=20
slaughtered by Americans in the 1991 "Desert Storm" </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Until we go through it ourselves, =
until our people=20
cower in the shelters of New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles and=20
elsewhere while the buildings collapse overhead and burst into flames, =
and dead=20
bodies hurtle about and, when it is over for the day or the night, =
emerge in the=20
rubble to find some of their dear ones mangled, their homes gone, their=20
hospitals, churches, schools demolished ... only after that gruesome =
experience=20
will we realize what we are inflicting on the people of Indochina..."=20
<BR>William Shirer 1973 </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"What occurred in Oklahoma City was no =
different=20
than what Americans rain on the heads of others all the time, and =
subsequently,=20
my mindset was and is one of clinical detachment. The bombing of the =
Murrah=20
building was not personal, no more than when Air Force, Army, Navy or =
Marine=20
personnel bomb or launch cruise missiles against government =
installations and=20
their personnel." <BR>Timothy McVeigh, trained by the U.S. Army =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"America was born in blood. America =
suckled on=20
blood. America gorged on blood and grew into a giant, and America will =
drown in=20
blood." <BR>Thomas W. Chittum&nbsp; Vietnam veteran&nbsp; in his book =
Civil War=20
Two </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"America may be unique in being a =
country which has=20
leapt from barbarism to decadence without touching civilization." =
<BR>John=20
O'Hara </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Can it be believed that the democracy =
which=20
overthrew the feudal system and vanquished kings will retreat before =
tradesmen=20
and capitalists?" <BR>Alexis de Tocqueville </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"I see in the near future a crisis =
approaching that=20
unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a =
result=20
of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in =
high=20
places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavour to =
prolong=20
its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth =
is=20
aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed." <BR>Abraham =
Lincoln=20
1865 </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"We stand for the maintenance of =
private=20
property... We shall protect free enterprise as the most expedient, or =
rather=20
the sole possible economic order." <BR>Adolf Hitler</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Fascism should more appropriately be =
called=20
Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power." =
<BR>Benito=20
Mussolini </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"...free enterprise, [is] a term that =
refers, in=20
practice, to a system of public subsidy and private profit, with massive =

government intervention in the economy to maintain a welfare state for =
the=20
rich." <BR>Noam Chomsky</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"A clique of U.S. industrialists is =
hell-bent to=20
bring a fascist state to supplant our democratic government and is =
working=20
closely with the fascist regime in Germany and Italy. I have had plenty =
of=20
opportunity in my post in Berlin to witness how close some of our =
American=20
ruling families are to the Nazi regime. They extended aid to help =
Fascism occupy=20
the seat of power, and they are helping to keep it there." <BR>William =
E.=20
Dodd&nbsp; U.S. Ambassador to Germany&nbsp; 1937 </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"The liberty of a democracy is not safe =
if the=20
people tolerate the growth of private power to the point where it =
becomes=20
stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is =
fascism -=20
ownership of government by an individual, by a group or any controlling =
private=20
power." <BR>President Franklin D. Roosevelt </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"We can have a democratic society or we =
can have=20
the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot =
have both."=20
<BR>Louis Brandeis - Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939 </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"A world of unseen dictatorship is =
conceivable,=20
still using the forms of democratic government." <BR>Kenneth=20
Boulding</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Corporations have taken over the =
government and=20
turned it against its own people." <BR>Ralph Nader </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"At any given moment, there is a sort =
of all=20
pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit agreement not to discuss large and=20
uncomfortable facts... Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy =
finds=20
himself silenced with surprising effectiveness" <BR>George =
Orwell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Any single man must judge for himself =
whether=20
circumstances warrant obedience or resistance to the commands of the =
civil=20
magistrate; we are all qualified, entitled, and morally obliged to =
evaluate the=20
conduct of our rulers. ...It is the first and foremost of our =
inalienable rights=20
without which we can preserve no other." <BR>John Locke The ideological=20
progenitor of the American Revolution </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Voice or no voice, the people can =
always be=20
brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do =
is to=20
tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack =
of=20
patriotism and exposing the country to danger." <BR>Herman Goering - =
Nazi=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"...the rank and file are usually much =
more=20
primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be =
essentially=20
simple and repetitious... The most brilliant propagandist technique will =
yield=20
no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind =
constantly... it=20
must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over." =
<BR>Joseph=20
Goebbels - Nazi Propaganda Minister </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"How fortunate for governments that the =
people they=20
administer don't think." <BR>Adolf Hitler </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Next the statesmen will invent cheap =
lies, putting=20
the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad =
of those=20
conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and =
refuse to=20
examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince =
himself=20
that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys =
after=20
this process of grotesque self-deception." <BR>Mark Twain&nbsp; The =
Mysterious=20
Stranger&nbsp; 1916</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"In war, truth is the first casualty."=20
<BR>Aeschylus 525-456 B.C. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"The modern conservative is engaged in =
one of man's=20
oldest exercises in moral philosophy: that is the search for a superior =
moral=20
justification for selfishness." <BR>John Kenneth Galbraith </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"The greatest purveyor of violence on =
earth is my=20
own government." <BR>Martin Luther King Jr.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Today, the United States spends more =
on military=20
arms and other forms of 'national security' than the rest of the world =
combined.=20
U.S. leaders preside over a global military apparatus of a magnitude =
never=20
before seen in human history. <BR>Michael Parenti </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"To plunder, to slaughter, to steal, =
these things=20
they misname empire, and where they make a wilderness, they call it =
peace."=20
<BR>Tacitus&nbsp; Roman historian c. 55-120 A.D. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Few of us can easily surrender our =
belief that=20
society must somehow make sense. The thought that The State has lost its =
mind=20
and is punishing so many innocent people is intolerable. And so the =
evidence has=20
to be internally denied." <BR>Arthur Miller </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"One of the great attractions of =
patriotism ... it=20
fulfills our worst wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, =
vicariously,=20
to bully and cheat. Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we =
are=20
profoundly virtuous." <BR>&nbsp;Aldous Huxley British writer=20
1894-1963</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"The nationalist not only does not =
disapprove of=20
atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity =
for not=20
even hearing about them." <BR>George Orwell&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"We lack a Nuremberg to judge the =
economic order=20
imposed upon us, where every three years more men, women and children =
die of=20
hunger and preventable diseases than died in the Second World War." =
<BR>Fidel=20
Castro </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>From: <A=20
href=3D"http://free.freespeech.org/americanstateterrorism/AmericanStateTe=
rrorism.html">http://free.freespeech.org/americanstateterrorism/AmericanS=
tateTerrorism.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C26740.71B413B0--

Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/