[Tails-l10n] Weblate & manual reviews of Git

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Weblate & manual reviews of Git
Today I fetched tails.git for the first time in 1 week.
As always when I do so, I read the changes. Even though we don't have an
explicit policy about this I think that intrigeri also does that as it
can be a useful watchdog. For example, that's how we detect spam on the
blueprints and revert it.

This diff for 1 week included 178 commits most of them from Weblate.

What used to take me 1-2 minutes now took me > 5 min, was much more
painful and error prone. I'm not sure I will continue doing this extra
work if that becomes the norm.

I understand that Weblate is not yet ready for production so I guess
it's still a good time to discuss this.

I would like to continue checking all changes on tails.git whenever I
fetch it:

* Would it be possible to further lower the amount of commits done by
Weblate? What would be the other drawbacks?

* Would it be possible to document tricks on how to do such a review
more easily (and maybe more consistently)?

* 2 of these commits were particularly scary (179e0bdaba and
fc87cf823e) and I'm glad I reviewed then :) I understand that emmapeel
did a mistake and then fixed it, which is fine.

How could prevent such mistakes from happening in the first place?

Has Weblate or Weblate admins the rights to override any file in
tails.git, even if it's not a PO file? Could we restrict this further?

--
sajolida