Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese translation team

Author: psychi
To: emma.peel
CC: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese translation team
Hi emma,

Thanks for your response.
>Can you acces this link:

https://translate.tails.boum.org/projects/tails/about/zh/#upload ?

I can access to it but nothing happened or different with the page without
'#upload'....

>You can download the files, translate them on your computer, and upload

them back.

I wish to be like that. Is there a way to do review and voting work like
that as well?

>I think it would be better if you use weblate's git, as the main tails

repo still has no Chinese translation files, and other Chinese tranlators
are using it

Okay, I will make weblate's git as my upstream. Website admin please update
the url in zh.mdwn on the main repo to fork :).

Cheers

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 15:20, emma peel <emma.peel@???> wrote:

> psychi:
> > Hi u,
> >
> > I understand the confusion of upstream git repo now, and have
> re-upstreamed
> > my gitlab repo (and renamed).
> >

> I think it would be better if you use weblate's git, as the main tails
> repo still has no Chinese translation files, and other Chinese tranlators
> are using it too, so you may duplicate work if you are pulling directly
> from master.
>

> Sorry for the confusion!
>

> > Please take a look at my modified zh.mdwn (in which my git repo has been
> > changed).
> >
> > Many thanks
> >

> > On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 at 08:23, psychi <psychi2009@???> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi again,
> >>
> >> I just realized that translating from Tails weblate and from git repo
> can
> >> not be co-existed, right?
>
> I think they can coexist, but it will be easier when Chinese is added to
> the main website.
>

> >> If so, please ignore what I suggested in the zh.mdwn. Using git to work
> >> would be better than those js-based web services in some poor internet
> >> connections (in most area of China).
>
> Where you able to upload files to weblate, as I suggested?
>
> Can you acces this link:
> https://translate.tails.boum.org/projects/tails/about/zh/#upload ?
>
> You can download the files, translate them on your computer, and upload
> them back.

This is my receive-only mail address. If I did not reply to you, please
find another email address of mine. Cheers.