Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese translation team

Author: emma peel
To: Tails localization discussion, psychi, u
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese translation team
psychi:
> Hi u,
>
> I understand the confusion of upstream git repo now, and have re-upstreamed
> my gitlab repo (and renamed).

I think it would be better if you use weblate's git, as the main tails repo still has no Chinese translation files, and other Chinese tranlators are using it too, so you may duplicate work if you are pulling directly from master.

Sorry for the confusion!

> Please take a look at my modified zh.mdwn (in which my git repo has been
> changed).
>
> Many thanks
>

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 at 08:23, psychi <psychi2009@???> wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I just realized that translating from Tails weblate and from git repo can
>> not be co-existed, right?

I think they can coexist, but it will be easier when Chinese is added to the main website.

>> If so, please ignore what I suggested in the zh.mdwn. Using git to work
>> would be better than those js-based web services in some poor internet
>> connections (in most area of China).

Where you able to upload files to weblate, as I suggested?

Can you acces this link: https://translate.tails.boum.org/projects/tails/about/zh/#upload ?

You can download the files, translate them on your computer, and upload them back.