Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 3.9

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 3.9
intrigeri:
> it's not clear who will be the release manager for Tails 3.9 yet but
> we're well into its development cycle and lots of great, intrusive
> work has to land in time for that release, so I figured we need at
> least a fallback release schedule to provide guidance to everyone who
> needs it.

Thanks a lot for making plans for that!

> - August 15: feature freeze
>
>  - August 18-30: small, targeted, not too risky fixes may be granted
>    freeze exceptions

Does this apply to documentation fixes? We should be able to finish all
the doc in time for the RC but I'll give priority to my UI/coding work
over my documentation work.

>    Please try hard to avoid changing user-visible strings during that
>    period: I'd like translators to have a couple weeks to do the great
>    amount of work I'll drop on their plate on August 17, so we release
>    our fancy new features in 3.9 with the best localization they can
>    get :)

This should work.

> - September 4: build 3.9 tentative ISO
>
> - September 5: test and release 3.9 \o/

I'll be working with Simply Secure on September 3 and traveling on
September 4. So the timing of the release is not optimal for me as a
technical writing (but it's not something new).

I'll try to write the release notes before that and to be available on
September 5 to document last minute known issues. But don't count on me
on September 3-4.

--
sajolida