Re: [Tails-l10n] [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 3.9

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 3.9
Hi translators,

here's a curated version of the release schedule for you:

intrigeri:
> - August 15: feature freeze

> - August 17: test and release 3.9~rc1

>  - August 18-30: small, targeted, not too risky fixes may be granted
>    freeze exceptions

>    Please try hard to avoid changing user-visible strings during that
>    period: I'd like translators to have a couple weeks to do the great
>    amount of work I'll drop on their plate on August 17, so we release
>    our fancy new features in 3.9 with the best localization they can
>    get :)

> - September 4: build 3.9 tentative ISO

> - September 5: test and release 3.9 \o/

There will be greater than usual doc and GUI strings updates to be
translated between August 18 and September 3. I'll try to let you know
as we merge stuff, so hopefully you can start earlier and translate in
a more relaxed way :)

I'm not sure when the doc writers plan to complete their work but
hopefully it can be merged at the same time as the corresponding code
i.e. by August 15. @sajolida, @emmapeel: please let translators know
if your plan is to merge the doc later (as we often do). Thanks!