Re: [OpenPGP-applet-devel] Moving to Salsa !

Author: intrigeri
To: openpgp-applet-devel
Subject: Re: [OpenPGP-applet-devel] Moving to Salsa !
Hi,

Clément Hermann:
> I'm mostly ready to complete the move to salsa.debian.org.

\o/

> Issues & Workflow:

> That's the tough one.

> Proposal:
> - Recreate relevant (i.e. for upstream) open issues in salsa
> (from https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=158,
> probably excluding #14982 for instance)

Yes.

> - for each issue, add a comment on redmine to indicate where it's
> tracked upstream. If this is not relevant for Tails (e.g. #14925), just
> close it in readmine.

IMO, whenever it's not Tails-specific, close the ticket in Redmine
with a link to the new one.

> I'm not sure what to do with issues that are assigned to other people
> than intrigeri and me.
> I don't think it's nice to ask involved people (UX team for instance) to
> create an account on salsa just for this purpose.

I think it's fine to require them to create an account on the upstream
bug tracker to do work upstream, just like we already do for any other
upstream software that's included in Tails.

> Regarding the development workflow, I think what we started doing is
> good: work in a branch, using feature/ and bug/ names like before, and
> do a MR when it's ready. If the work is relevant to an issue, reference
> it in the MR.

Yes :)

> What do you think ?

I think we can make it simpler than you initially thought :)