[OpenPGP-applet-devel] Moving to Salsa !

Author: Clément Hermann
To: openpgp-applet-devel
Subject: [OpenPGP-applet-devel] Moving to Salsa !
Hi,

I'm mostly ready to complete the move to salsa.debian.org.

Git:
https://salsa.debian.org/openpgp-applet-team/openpgp-applet

Ready to use and replace the one on git.immerda.ch.
Once the move is complete, I plan to commit a removal of everything, and
leave just a README file explaining that it has moved to salsa.

Homepage:
https://openpgp-applet-team.pages.debian.net/web/

It's alive, in the "web" repository. A push to the "web" repository
triggers a CI run to update the pages. The gitlab_ci.yml is minimalist:
it just copies everything in the public folder, where it serves pages.

The only issue is that, until Let's Encrypt's wildcard certificates are
live, we get a TLS error. There is no http version.

Once this is fixed, I plan to redirect from alioth to salsa, and update
the code / doc where needed.

Issues & Workflow:

That's the tough one.

Proposal:
- Recreate relevant (i.e. for upstream) open issues in salsa
(from https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=158,
probably excluding #14982 for instance)
- for each issue, add a comment on redmine to indicate where it's
tracked upstream. If this is not relevant for Tails (e.g. #14925), just
close it in readmine.

I'm not sure what to do with issues that are assigned to other people
than intrigeri and me.
I don't think it's nice to ask involved people (UX team for instance) to
create an account on salsa just for this purpose. So I guess the best we
can do is tracking the work on redmine but still having an issue in
salsa to reference it. Probably a subject to discuss during next Tails
contributors meeting ?

Regarding the development workflow, I think what we started doing is
good: work in a branch, using feature/ and bug/ names like before, and
do a MR when it's ready. If the work is relevant to an issue, reference
it in the MR.

What do you think ?

nodens