[Hackmeeting] thk

Author: ignifugo
To: hackmeeting
Subject: [Hackmeeting] thk
ciao!

vi aggiorno un po sulle chiacchiere che stiamo facendo in lista Trans
hackmeeting.

Abbiam fatto un po di presentazioni in lista.. vagamente .. procedendo
per convenzionali luoghi geografici, possiamo dire che c'è gente:

croata, serba, olandese, basca, spagnola, catalana, tedesca ed italiana.

Ci piacerebbe avere un ftp con sito statico dove stare a collezionare
info sul transhack e diffonderlo.

Magari https://trans.hackmeeting.org  che dite? chi hosta?

Prossimi appuntamenti fisici, oltre alle chiacchiere fatte all
hackmeeting spagnolo ed un po lo scorso weekend ad hackordie:

_ccc congres Leipzig  27-30 Dicember

_Fosdem(Brussels)  3-4 February

(si è fatta domanda per avere un banchetto per diffondere il libro +kaos
e sobtech vol2, ma anche info sul thk)

Altri eventi?

ciao ciao

Ignifugo

Questo il report dall'ultimo incontro all'hm spagnolo:

Here there is the minutes from the thk meeting at ingoberhack. Feel free to ask
for clarifications.

ASSISTANCE
People present in this meetup came from hacklabs located in the following cities:
bologna, saragoza, torino ,barcelona, donostia, amsterdam, oxford,

TOPICS
1. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
2. HACKMEETING SPIRIT
3. PAYED TASKS
4. MEDIATION GROUP
5. FINANTIAL ISSUES
6. DISTRIBUTED EVENT
7. COMMONS STAFF ALGORITHM
8. "COLONIZATION" ISSUES
9. TRANSHACKMEETING EFFECTS
*. SOME PROPOSALS
    + TRANSLATIONS
    + FINANTIAL RESOURCES
    + CALL FOR COLLECTIVES
    + POSIBLE LOCATIONS
    + POSIBLE DATES

1) Previous experience in Pula

How was the Transhack in pula? (one of participants to this meetup was there)

How was born the idea of the first Transhackmeeting in Pula? Basically to have a

Location was chosen being an appropriate place ( a big squat, Monteparaiso in
Pula, Croatia) with whom someone from the Italian HM had personal contacts.

There were some issues to balance the tasks organisation in the place and with
all different languages (English used as common but it wasn't accessible by all
participants).

2) Hackmeeting spirit

Hack events in the Mediterranean area are kind of disconnected by the north of
Europe big events, partially for better spoken english there but also due to
different basic characteristics:
    - Hackmeetings are not commercial or sponsored by government organisations,
    - They are free entry (free as beer)
    - They usually take place in squatted spaces or no-hierarchical organisation
      places.

3) Possible payed tasks****controversial

Some tasks need the help of professionals to be done:
    - cook and prepare food [I'm not sure about this]
    - professional [why not volunteers?] simultaneous translators

Possible needed translations:
    1) "Godmothers" for the listeners (assess different language people when talking together in an informal conversation)
    2) COATI (https://coati.pimienta.org/the-collective/)
    3) cultural mediation regarding local habits

4) mediation group

Check the feminist protocol from ingobernable/(h)iberian hackmeeting to create
mediation group to avoid conflicts paralysing or slowing common efforts.

Issues with unwanted people (create a trolls blacklist?)-- a possible protocol
could be a) share the problem and talk between communities; achieve shared
strategies to open community issues.

5) Financial issues

Collect money (a petty cash) for next events. Possible contributors

6) Distributed event: we could split the event organisation into tasks and have different territorial teams

We expected people from the all around europe arrive (from German, UK, Holland,
etc) we may think to have a distributed event and every "territorial team" could
organise a specific part ( like cooking the food or design the t-shirt).

7) commons stuff algorithm

Translate the how-to organise an Hackmeeting (from ES wiki?)

8) Spanish Italian "colonisation" issues

Basic idea is having Thk in a country in the Mediterranean area but not in Italy
or Spain.

All country all around the world are invited but for some of them travel
expenses would be quite an issue

We could expand over Europe and mediterranean area, for example to Mexico or
Chile.

9) post HM effects. Possible positive effects after an HM

While in Italy it was the hacklabs movement which generated the conditions for
the first hackit98, in Spain it was the first HM which generated the conditions
for the first Iberian hacklab in Barcelona

Proposals

_Why do we want an international meetup like Thk?

To create new practices, share knowledge, empower social spaces (squatted places
selfmanaged by local community), make contact with other group politically
involved and empower groups which are not only technical but hacktivists.

We should NOT focus in the event itself, but in the relations and connections we
build during and around the event.

_Translations:

    + COATI, translation team, set up radio transmission
    + (Possible partnership with CCC?) for funding and/or arrange translations
    with the loclas (like in Athens!)

_ Financial resources to invite people from out of europe.

    + (Possible partnerships: ccc)

_call for collectives or hacklabs to make themselves visible in the mailing
list.

    + With a small description to the Transhack ML

_Possible locations ( to make contact with):

    + Portugal
    + in Porto or Setubal:
    https://pt-contrainfo.espiv.net/2017/05/24/setubal-portugal-stop-despejo-da-c-o-s-a/
    https://cosa2015blog.wordpress.com/
    + French
    + Greece
    _explore greeck possibility: in november there will be a big event there.
    Also someone mentioned to have contacts with local collectives
    + More options?

_Possible date:

    + june -> hackmeeting italia
    + augost?

    (We should consider when most known events take place)

_Collective for a call to participate:

    + hacktionlab, noborders, hackon

_Events presentation/contact:

List of events where we had a presentation talk of thk:

    people from that event will be (p)resent probably to thk or we have only the
    (c)ontact to invite them to participate.

    + Italian hackmeeting (p)
    + Hackon (p)
    + Balccon (c)
    + (h)Iberian hackmeeting (p)

_Contacts

    ECN.org (Anyone has contact with them outside of italy?)

    OSCAL (ignifugo has contact: https://oscal.openlabs.cc/ )