Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page

Author: sajolida
To: anonym, Uzair Farooq
CC: Muhammad Usman Subhani, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page
sajolida:
> anonym:
>> Uzair Farooq:
>>> Hey,

>>> It took half an hour for us. We haven't processed such large SHA files
>>> previously so I wasn't aware that it could take this long. Again, the
>>> problem here is that the javascript implementation of the SHA algo is not
>>> that efficient enough. We can try some other SHA libraries but I don't
>>> expect they will make a considerable difference.
>
> I tried again on my machine. After 60 minutes it wasn't done yet.
> Now with 90 minutes it's over. I have a ThinkPad X200 with a Core i5 M520.
>
> So 30 minutes is if you are lucky and have a quite fast machine :)
>
>> So, can you please look at the top candidates among those implementations and report back your measurements?
>
> On top of speed, could you also measure RAM consumption?

And since we're getting quite close to the deadline (November 16), I'd
like you to also be more clear about when you think you'll be able to
send us more work to review (so we can schedule time to review it).

For example, do you think you'll be able to benchmark and report on the
performance of these other JavaScript libraries before the end of the
week? If not, when?