Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page

Author: sajolida
To: anonym, Uzair Farooq
CC: Muhammad Usman Subhani, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] HTML prototype for new download page
anonym:
> Uzair Farooq:
>> Hey,
>>
>>> How long does it take to get a successful result of the verification
>>> extension on your machine?
>>
>> It took half an hour for us. We haven't processed such large SHA files
>> previously so I wasn't aware that it could take this long. Again, the
>> problem here is that the javascript implementation of the SHA algo is not
>> that efficient enough. We can try some other SHA libraries but I don't
>> expect they will make a considerable difference.

I tried again on my machine. After 60 minutes it wasn't done yet.
Now with 90 minutes it's over. I have a ThinkPad X200 with a Core i5 M520.

So 30 minutes is if you are lucky and have a quite fast machine :)

> So, can you please look at the top candidates among those implementations and report back your measurements?

On top of speed, could you also measure RAM consumption?